Disclosure: Jeremy Parzen, manager and owner of Houston Wine Almanac, is a media consultant for the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce.
On February 24-25, AweSomm will be hosting the first-ever “Best Sommelier in Houston” competition in association with the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Texas and its 5th annual Taste of Italy Houston festival and trade show.
To apply, please use the form below.
- 20 Houston-based sommeliers will be invited to compete for the title of “Best Sommelier in Houston.”
- Candidates must currently be working in Houston and must be “pre-Advanced” (in their Court of Master Sommeliers candidacy).
- All competitors will be required to take a theory, service, and blind tasting exam.
- Once the theory exam is completed, the 10 candidates with the top scores will be seated for the service and blind tasting exams.
- Testing will take place at the Hilton Post Oak on Sunday, February 24. The winner and 2 runners up will be announced at the Taste of Italy festival Monday, February 25.
- Master Sommelier Guy Stout (Southern-Glazers), Advanced Sommelier Brandon Kerne (Pappas Bros.), Advanced Sommelier James Watkins (Paul Hobbs Winery), and Cat Nguyen (Houston Sommelier Association founder) will serve as judges.
- The winner will receive a $1,200 scholarship to apply to future studies; 2 runners up will receive $300 scholarships; all 10 finalists will be eligible for Italy-America Chamber sponsored trips to Italian wine country.
One thought on “Awesomm and Taste of Italy “Best Sommelier in Houston” competition applications now open”
Hi… My name is Ramazan Recber I live in Adana, Turkey. I like this post, I wish you success in your work. please visit my website https://adanaklimaservisi.video.blog/
LikeLiked by 1 person